Monday, August 17, 2009

Today was an okay day. I made it to work around 10:15 this morning. When I woke up I was in a lot of pain, couldn't take pain meds till 8 and couldn't be on an empty stomach. I ate, took the pill and went back to bed until the meds kicked in. I actually made it all day till 5, but was in pain most of the day. I have been told several times that I should have been in bed and not at work, but things had to be done and I am the only one that is going to get it done.

I didn't do a devotional today because I don't currently have one. I did do better at praying and I am also getting better at persistent praying. I did notice today that while I was in quite a bit of pain, I didn't loose my temper or get aggitated like I normally do. Generally when I am tired or am not feeling well I loose my cool really fast, I get irritated and I can be just plain ugly. Today, for some reason, I didn't do that. I just kept my cool and didn't let things get to me. I know it is the result of God's grace and mercy.

There is also something to be said about getting things off your chest and then letting them go. My heart is no longer saddened like it was this weekend. I am at complete peace with the place that I am at with this man. Being friends is definitely the best thing for both of us. It is an amazing feeling when you know what God is telling you to do and you actually do it. I should have acted on that "gut" feeling weeks ago, but since I couldn't this guy did and I thank him for that.

I wonder if when we are too stubborn to do what God is trying to tell us to do, he finds another way to get thru to us. Any thoughts on that? Also, any suggestions on daily devotional books?

Many Blessings, Feather

No comments: