Thursday, August 20, 2009

Revelation.....

After a breakup with one of my boyfriends, I remember asking a friend, "why does this keep happening? Why do I keep getting my heart broken?" She told me something really profound and wise. She said "Maybe God keeps breaking your heart to mold it the way he wants it". Well that was over 10 years ago and my heart continues to get broken. So I have to ask myself, what is wrong with my heart that God needs to remold it over and over and over again. After all these years I may have finally gotten it. God wants to be the leading man in my life as he does in everyone's life. I have yet to really allow him to take that role in my life. Without thinking about it I choose a man, a TV show, sleeping, eating, working, sleeping longer and so on, over Him. I choose all this over Christ who gave everything for me. You know, maybe the man I am looking for in my life has really always been here, right in front of me. He has been here waiting for me to take a step back, be still and quiet and listen with my heart. My God is all the things that I have always longed for in a man. People say that man I dream of doesn't exist, but he does....God is all the things I have dreamed of. He is loving, loyal, a protector, a provider, He sees me as His princess, He loves me more than anyone ever will, He died to save me, He always listens to everything I have to say no matter how long I talk. God is the love in my dreams. Why have I not seen this before? This revelation is so freeing. It is the most amazing feeling I have ever felt. I am truly loved and adored for who I am. All He wants from me is time spent with Him. Time to build a relationship with Him, time to get to know Him. He allows me to be the leading lady in my story, all I have to do is honor, love and respect Him. WOW

I started this post out to talk about healing, but God led me on a revelation and discovery that I didn't see coming. I think I will just leave it at that for today.

Blessings to all, Feather

No comments: