Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend at Granna's



The weekend started for my mother Thursday morning. Bryan and Renee' dropped Connor and Dawna off Thursday morning on their way to Longview, TX. The kids had fun playing in paper and in a box that some of mom's Longaberger baskets came in. The kids also played in the backyard on their outside toys and drew on the patio with sidewalk chalk.


Friday when I got to Midland, I had to go back to Odessa to get a few things I forgot so the kids and I loaded up, in mom's tahoe, and then headed back to Odessa. They enjoyed the ride and then we went to Wal-Mart and they both got a treat for being so good!!!


Friday night we went to play Putt Putt and we all had blast. The bad thing was I forgot my camera, so we don't have pics of them hitting the ball around. Ruddee, mom and I played and of course Ruddee won and I came in 3rd. I have never claimed to be the best at Putt Putt!!!!


Saturday I took the kids to the park that is down the street from my parents house. The playground equipment is so much nicer than what was there when I was a kid. The kids had a blast sliding down the slide, swinging and climing the rock wall. Connor climbed all the way to the top and Dawna tried really hard, but she is still too little!!!


Connor rode his scooter to the park and I pulled Dawna on the wagon, but on the way back Connor said he was too tired to ride his scooter, so I loaded Connor, Dawna and the scooter in the wagon and pulled them back to the house. It sure did add some weight and I got a pretty good workout. At least we all got some good exercise. After lunch we all pretty much took a nap except for Connor. That boy has more energy than he can handle.
After supper we went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream and the kiddos got to set at thier own table. I had forgotten that Baskin Robbins here in Midland had two kid tables that are pink and grey. They are so cute and the kids looked really cute sitting at them and eating their ice cream.
We are just hanging out today relaxing, watching cartoons.....getting a little tired of the cartoons....and enjoying each others company.
Hope everyone has had a great month, can't believe Sept is almost over.

1 comment:

Mike and Cymbre said...

I wish you had a picture of you pulling them in the wagon! I'm sure it was a great workout!!

oh!!!! the kiddie tables at Baskin Robbins!!! Mike took me there on our first date and made me sit at them with him...I think he wanted to see how much of a silly side I had...and of course I sat there with him! Glad you mentioned the tables!!

Sounds like you had a great weekned! Glad you got to enjoy them the kiddos!!