Monday, September 8, 2008

Road Trip

My eldest brother, Ruddee, has been living in Austrailia for 12 years and is finally back in Texas. He arrived in Dallas Saturday morning around 8:30. He spent the day with our other brother, Rickee, catching up running around the Dallas area. Brandon, my oldest nephew, got to hang out with them some as well. They went to eat at Texas Roadhouse in Sherman, where my niece Kari works. Ruddee ordered the chicken fried steak and he said it was enough to feed 3 people. He is not use to the American portion sizes. In Austrailia you get a 1/3 of the fook we get here for 3 times the price.....crazy huh!!!! Needless to say he has been stuffing himself silly with food because it tastes soooo good.


My sister, Renee', and I drove to Abilene after church yesterday to meet Ruddee and Rickee.

We met at Cracker Barrell, where Ruddee again ate "too much"! We laughed so hard and so much. It was great to see my brothers back to being my brothers and acting silly. I haven't laughed that hard, for that long while trying to eat in over 13 years and it was great!!!!


Of course my sister and I made them suffer through some picture taking. We couldn't pass up this moment cause you never know when the four of us will be together like this again. Hopefully there will be many more opportunities for pictures like these, but I have learned to never take a precious moment for granted. You just never know!!!! We are praying that Ruddee finds a job, so that he can be here at Thanksgiving. Then we can get Rickee here and prayerfully our sister Kari that lives in Vegas here! That would make a complete picture and one that would be cherished for the rest of our lives.




I feel truly blessed to have Ruddee home with us and he says it feels good to be back in Texas. I talked to my mother this morning and she said that Ruddee is craving Weinersneitel (spelling?), so she is bringing him to the church on her way to the fair, so when I get off work we can get that for supper and then hang out at my apt till mom gets done at the fair!!!! I am looking forward to spending some time with him and possibly getting him to work on my laptop!!!!

No comments: