Saturday, October 25, 2008

What I've Been Up To!

Well I realized today that I haven't posted a blog in a while. I am currently awake from coughing my head off. I woke up this morning with signs of either tonsilitis or strep, so I called the Dr. and got some antibiotics called in and got started on those this afternoon. I am thankful to have an Oncologist who knows that I know when I am getting sick and will call in a prescription for me so I can get it under control before I get too sick.

A lot has happened since my last blog. Not really anything exciting, just alot.

My friend Meghann opened up her own Day Spa and it is really cute and she is doing really well. She opened last Tuesday, 9/14 and has done really good for being open for only 2 weeks. I am so proud of her for finally making her dreams come true. I am working for her at the spa on Saturdays and doing her accounting. It helps her out and puts some extra money in the bank account. I will say working two jobs isn't much fun, but the extra money is nice.

My sister had a pumpkin carving party last weekend and it was a lot of fun. I didn't carve a pumpkin this year, instead I decided to take on the duty of babysitting little Makenzie. It was fun spending time with her and it gave her mom and dad a little break. There wasn't a whole lot of sleeping going on in there house that weekend. Makenzie was fighting sleep with a vengence. Everyone had fun carving their pumpkins and there were more this year than last year.

My mom, brother and I went to the Old Sorehead Trade Days Saturday 9/12. They had more booths this year than I remember them having the last time I went. My mom and I really enjoyed it, but my poor brother was getting frustrated with us because we took "too long" at some of the booths. My mom and I would just laugh as he "whinged" about us taking to long. Whinge is the Aussie term for gripping. It has been fun learning the Aussie slang and some of it is really fun to say and I have caught my mother picking some words up. I just laugh because it is a little backwards. He is suppose to pick back up the west texas slang and loose the Aussie slang, but it isn't happening that way.

My brother did find a job so he gets to stay here. He is working on getting his wife and the girls here, but it will take some time since they have to sell their property and get the money to fly 4 or 5 people here.

I guess that about does it. Will post more later!

No comments: